17 March 2007

The HGN

I've alway said that I don't have a certain type of guy that I'm attracted to. I usually go for guys who are bigger than me, older than me, et cetera (mainly things based on my many neuroses). However, in the past couple years or so I've begun to realize that I DO have a type. I love Hot Gay Nerds.

In the same time that it's taken me to realize that I actually do have a type, I've also realized that the Hot Gay Nerd (HGN) is extremely elusive and hard to find. I do not define the HGN simply as "a gay guy who wears glasses." My idea of the ideal HGN is basically a cross between Jim Halpert from The Office (the best tv sitcom ever...seriously) and Stephane from The Science of Sleep. Okay, so maybe this person, in my mind, is wearing thick-rimmed emo glasses...so sue me.

I don't use Jim Halpert purely because he is awesome...though, seriously, he is. I love Jim because he is resourceful, creative and amazingly clueless. I mean, seriously, how could he not see that Pam is totally into him now? Jim - I don't care if you are dating Karen now or not - go for it with Pam! I don't care whether you, dear reader, are Team Pam or Team Karen, everyone has got to agree on the awesomeness that is Jim. I am literally at a loss for words to describe his awesomeness. Really, when I think of him, I think of a dream I had where I had sex with Jim and he promptly never spoke to me again. Only the truly awesome seem to do that.

Second, Stephane from The Science of Sleep. To me, there are 2 things that are amazing about this guy. The first being that he constantly lives in his mind. At times, it is impossible for him to distinguish between his dreams and reality. In my mind, he is incredibly smart, but that seems to be at odds with his creative side, which creates a type of inferno of craziness crossed with narcissism. Can anything be sexier? Well, yes, because on top of all this, Stephane is totally awkward. I mean, seriously, he is incredibly socially inept and has no idea how to act with this chick that he is totally in love with. I love awkwardness - mainly because I am like the King of Awkward. Talk about socially inept. Look that up in the dictionary and you'll find a picture of me. Seriously, try it.

So, I guess this is a crazy, crazy post...seeing as it is 3:30 am and I am drunkenly rambling about the type of guys that I like. Similarly, I guess this is why I don't have much luck on dating websites and such. I mostly go on those sites in an exercise of self-masochism. If I had to choose one, I suppose the moral of this story is that if you have a HGN friend who fits my oddly-specific-yet-somewhat-general description, hook me up!

2 comments:

Single Guy said...

Cool blog. I like odler bigger guys too!

about a boy said...

you arent crazy! i love hgns!