28 March 2007

Comfort Not Equal To Style

This is a huge issue and one that I take very seriously. As I type this, I am sitting in class behind a very attractive, fratty-looking guy, but there is just one thing wrong. Sweatpants. I mean seriously, why does this happen? Why do people think it is acceptable to wear sweatpants during the day as if they were normal streetwear? When did this become okay?

I'm not going to pretend that I don't have a pair of sweatpants. Indeed, I do - I wear them when I'm working out and it's cold. I also have home pants - well, more like home shorts. These have the title "home pants" because of precisely the fact that you ONLY WEAR THEM AT HOME! Yes, I know they are comfortable, but that doesn't matter! You want comfort? Wear baggy jeans. These are by far more acceptable than sweatpants (as long as they're not carpenter jeans). Really, no one ever said that looking good was going to be comfortable, but it's something most people just need to accept. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices - a toe, joint movement, the ability to breathe.

I don't understand why people do this and it enrages me. This is New York City. There should be no public sweatpants wearing. Sweatpants are not flattering no matter what they have written across the butt or what color velour they are made from. Let's just all get serious and make a collective commitment to never let our sweatpants go outside again. I'm seriously thinking of starting a petition...

3 comments:

about a boy said...

i have to agree!

but i do want to pair of sweats. of course id only wear them around the house. promise.

Anonymous said...

you guys are f*cking crazy.

Anonymous said...

They're ugly and even though they're comfortable, it doesn't look like you even tried to put on clothes when you wear them in public. It just looks like you threw on whatever you had because you wanted to wear them. They look strange to me and I am worried about what's to come in the future. God bless America, please we need it.